If you have issues connecting your OBDLink® EX or OBDLink® SX adapter to your Windows PC, try the steps in this article to resolve the problem.
- Unplug your OBDLink adapter from your vehicle and your Windows PC.
Plug it back into your Windows PC only.
- Download and run the OBDLink USB Factory Reset tool (EXE).
The tool scans for all OBDLink EX and SX adapters and performs a factory reset.
- While this tool is running, be sure to note the behavior of the LED.
The LED rapidly blinks red off and on several times and then goes back to steady yellow.
- Confirm that your OBDLink adapter has the latest firmware by following the steps in this article: Update OBDLink Adapter Firmware in the section Update firmware with a Windows PC.
- After the update is complete, connect your OBDLink adapter to your vehicle. The LED should be steady green.
- Use the OBDwiz software to connect the OBDLink adapter to your Windows PC.
Need more help?
OBDLink® is a registered trademark of OBD Solutions, LLC.